22nd February 2015, Bonne Bay Marine Station
Consuming Local Seafood
Screening and panel discussion accompanied by a local seafood tasting event
Panel members: TBD
To Be Determined
With People and the Sea Film Festival/Nickel Film Festival
- Water Play (BC) Water fights can have dramatic outcomes. A metaphor for oil spills in our water supply.
- The Story of John Coll (BC) A Vancouver resident recalls his service in the Canadian Navy. A first person narrative documentary on the seniors in our community.
- Treasures Found (BC) Two girls find a buried sea chest of artifacts from their culture. Dedicated to the rediscover of language and culture of aboriginal people.
- Gutty (Iran) A teenager sees an unintended opportunity for growth at the local water pipe. A film about preventing waste and growing from seed!
- Out of the Blue (BC) When you’ve experienced the sensation of drowning in your life, what has been your lifeline?
- Letter in A Bottle (BC) A girl finds a message in a bottle and is determined to track down the writer.
- Cicles (Brazil) A careless being destroys his environment until Nature takes charge. A stop motion animation.
- The Magic Turtle (Brazil) Two children discover a magic sea turtle on a beach but discover that it will take more than its magic to save the ocean. A conservation film about how we can help curb our ocean pollution and care for the oceans inhabitants.
- White Salmon, White Water (USA) A 17 kayaker creates a thrilling and spiritual point of view of white water rafting on a weekend adventure.
- Polar Where? (UK) A polar bear searches for his missing friend. A comic claymation that examines a classic polar bear myth.